Known as one of the most common as well as the most complex cancers to affect women is breast cancer. The risk factors of breast cancer are many such as gender, genetics, family history, etc. However, these are factors which more or less cannot be controlled.
An unhealthy diet is can also a factor that can increase the risk of breast cancer as well as increase the risk of recurrence of Breast Cancer In Women who have been successfully treated for it. However, an unhealthy diet is not the only factor increasing such a risk. Factors such as smoking, drinking, being overweight also increase the risks of developing breast cancer.
If you are looking to maintain a diet that can help prevent breast cancer or its recurrence, below mentioned are a few tips on nutrition that women can follow to prevent or cure breast cancer.
Nutrition For Breast Cancer Patients
The below mentioned healthy diet for breast cancer will go a long way in helping in the nutrition of breast cancer patients. These diet tips will help in maintaining your overall health and can also help in preventing other kinds of diseases and cancers as well.
- Eat foods rich in carotenoids: Carotenoids are natural pigments which are found in some fruits and vegetables such as carrots, melons, etc. In studies relating to breast cancer, it was seen that women who were treated for breast cancer and who had high levels of Carotenoids in their body were at less risk of recurring cancer than those who have fewer levels of Carotenoids.
- Having a low-fat diet: Though the opinions are mixed on this, low-fat diets can also help in non-recurrent of breast cancer and its ultimate cure. It is simply a well-known fact that being overweight can increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Soy foods: In many studies, it has been showcased that having soy-based food products can help prevent the occurrence of breast cancer as well as it’s recurrent.
Foods to eat and avoid for breast cancer prevention
Below mentioned are a few foods that one should and should not include in their diets if they are trying to reduce their risk of developing breast cancer.
Foods to have-
- Variety of fruits and vegetables
- Foods rich in fiber
- Low-fat products, especially low-fat dairy products.
- Soy-based products
- Foods have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Foods rich in Vitamin D
Foods to avoid-
- Alcohol: Regular consumption of alcohol has been seen to increase the estrogen levels in one’s body, which in turn affect the breast cells, which increases the Risk Factors Of Breast Cancer.
- Sugar based food products: Sugar is said to cause metabolic problems, which can also increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Foods having high fat: Foods high in fat increase the chances of becoming overweight and being overweight increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Red meat: Red meat has inflammatory properties which help the breast cancer cells to multiply.
Other tips to help avoid breast cancer
Apart from following the above-mentioned breast cancer diet cure, here are a few more tips to help reduce the danger of developing breast cancer.
- Regular exposure to natural vitamin D that is, the sunlight.
- Add green tea into your diet as green tea helps in improving the immune system of the body.
- Adding turmeric in foods being consumed as it has an anti-inflammatory property, and this helps by stopping the breast cancer cells from multiplying.
Breast cancer is treatable. However, one will have to practice Everything Health to ensure that they do not develop cancer or let cancer from recurring. The best way to ensure no development or recurrence of breast cancer is to have a healthy diet. There is no specific diet plan for breast cancer treatment or cure, following such a healthy diet can help ensure that you are in general protect from risk factors of other diseases and cancers.