Lifestyle plays a huge in the prevention of breast cancer. There are several ways to reduce the risk of breast cancer. One way is to follow certain dietary guidelines. Eating a diet which is highly rich in antioxidants are known to be very beneficial as antioxidants are highly responsible for protecting your cells from free radicals which are linked to causing cancer. There are certain foods that respond to cancer-causing cells very fast. You must know the list of foods that you need to avoid to prevent breast cancer and also the type of food you must eat.
Breast Cancer Prevention Diet
There is no single food or diet that may completely prevent or can Causes Of Breast Cancer, but you should know that if you make a good diet choice, it will surely make a huge difference in the long run. Following is the list of food that is considered very much helpful in the prevention of development of breast cancer
- Green Tea: It is very high in catechins and polyphenol, which can protect cells from DNA damage. Adding this to a daily routine will reduce the Risk Factors Of Breast Cancer.
- Leafy vegetables: Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, etc. which are rich in vitamins like, C, E and k and also rich in antioxidants and fiber. These contain anticancer tools
- Whole grains: These contain anticancer polyphenols. Some popular whole grains are corn, oatmeal, brown rice, and barley.
- Spices: Spices like garlic, turmeric and also properties containing ingredients like capsaicin (in dried and fresh chili) contain anticancer properties.
- Soy foods: Soy products contain chemical named isoflavones, which can prevent cancer. Some soy foods are tofu, soy milk, miso, tempeh, and edamame.
- Food containing Carotenoids: Fruits and vegetables containing carotenoids are high in vitamin A and are very rich in anticancer properties. Carrots, tomatoes, kale, apricots, and sweet potatoes are very high in carotenoid.
Some other foods which contain anticancer properties are
- Foods rich in vitamin D
- Low-fat milk and dairy products
- Lignans and saponins
- Food with Omega-3 fatty acid
- Plums and peaches
- Herbs contain apigenin like oregano, basil, coriander, etc.
Foods To Avoid During Breast Cancer Treatment
Eating the right food help, you stay away from breast cancer. To avoid certain foods will be much better than people experiencing breast cancer. Here are some most common foods that you must avoid to decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Alcohol: Alcohol results in an increase in the levels of estrogen and can also damage DNA cells. It is seen that women who are in the habit of drinking 3 drinks per day tend to increase the risk of breast cancer by 15%.
- Undercooked food: Cancer results in a sudden drop in the count of white blood cells. Undercooked food does not help these fighting cells to grow. To avoid such undercooked foods like oysters and sushi
- Sugar: It is known that sugars are responsible for feeding cancer cells. Avoiding sugar in daily food will also help in reducing cancer.
- Fat: where the fat from fruits and vegetables may decrease the risk of breast cancer, whereas, on the other hand, processed foods are responsible for increasing the risk of breast cancer. Trans fat is found in donuts, packed cookies or pastries, and some fried food too.
Some other foods to avoid are:
- Unpasteurized milk
- Smoked fish
- Salads with egg, chicken or seafood
- Uncooked beef
- Raw sprouts
Firstly, you need to know that there is no diet that will act as a magic bullet in preventing breast cancer. Everything Health-related issues can be cured by a proper diet. Follow the above-mentioned food list to avoid entering cancer-causing cells into your body. Also, consult a doctor to help you design and maintain a healthy meal that will reduce the risk of breast cancer in your body.