Usually, when someone says the phrase ‘pain in the neck’, they are usually denoting to a person who they cannot stand or someone they cannot handle without losing their calm.
However, sometimes ‘pain in the neck’ is not a phrase and simply a sentence where the person could be in severe discomfort due to the pain being caused in the neck. What could be the reasons for such pain, what all are the home remedies and exercises you can try to get rid of the neck pain, are provided in the article below.
Causes of neck pain
There are a few basic reasons as to why one may experience pain in the neck. These following reasons are basic in nature and do not relate to symptoms of other chronic diseases.
- Bad sleeping posture
- Tension and or stress
- Long hours of leaning or lying down on a very soft mattress
- Bad body posture
Home Remedies For Neck Pain Relief
The best way to get rid of neck pain is chiropractic care. However, given below are some home remedies that can be quite effective Treatment Of Neck Pain and can provide for relief from neck pain and they are-
- Yoga: Many times, neck pain is caused due to being in stress. Yoga such a meditation and body stretches can help reduce that stress. You can also try asanas such as Balasana, Savasna, etc.
- Essential oils: Make a mixture of essential oils with warm olive oil and slowly massage it around the area of the neck where it hurts. Do this twice a day.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture therapy is widely recognized to get rid of any kind of body pain. Needles are inserted at certain strategic points which target nerves which help get rid of the pain.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Take a bit of apple cider vinegar on a tissue or hand towel and massage it around the area of pain in the neck. It is an effective remedy and is recommended by many. Use it for an hour or so, and do it twice a day.
- Massage therapy: Use coconut, mustard or olive oil and massage the area of the neck that pains. It helps unknot the tissues and the muscles, thereby giving a relieving sensation.
- Ice packs: Ice packs are known to reduce inflammation and reduce the soreness in the muscles. Use ice packs to the area that hurts. Do this 3 to 4 times a day.
- Vitamins: Vitamin deficiency could also be a reason for pain in the neck. Therefore, take vitamin supplements if the need arises.
- Epsom salts: Epsom salts help in increasing the blood circulation as well as relaxing the muscles and reducing stress. Therefore, mix them with your bath water and soak yourself in it for 15 to 20 minutes. Do this two times a day.
- Neck collar: You can also use neck collars to help keep your neck in a particular posture to ensure that sudden movement does not make the pain worse.
Exercises For Neck Pain Relief
Another quite effective home technique is to do some Neck Back Pain Exercise at home itself, try the following exercises to get rid of neck pain-
- Neck tilt: For this exercise, you will have to keep your head straight and slowly bring down your chin to touch your chest. Hold the position until 5 seconds and slowly go back to the original position. Do this exercise 5 to 10 times.
- Side to side neck tilt: For this exercise, you will have to keep your head straight and slowly tilt your neck towards one shoulder. Stay in this the position for 5 seconds and come back to the original position slowly. Repeat the same for the other side. Do this exercise 5 times for each side.
- Neck turn: For this exercise, you will have to keep your head straight and slowly tilt your head sideways. Wait for 5 seconds and come back to the original position slowly. Repeat the same for the other side. Do this exercise 5 times for each side.
- Neck stretch: For this exercise, hold your body straight and push your chin forward and stretch your throat upwards. Hold the position for 5 seconds. Come back to the original position slowly. Do this exercise 5 to 10 times.
If you believe in the phrase Everything Health, you need to ensure that you take care of your body in every manner possible. That means not taking ample amounts of stress, having the right body posture, Healthy Habits Of Eating, etc. If you are facing any sort of neck pain, try the home remedies and exercises mentioned above. However, if they do not work, it would be in your best interest to visit the doctor.