Insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes are popularly known as diabetes Type 1. It usually affects a person in his or her childhood or adolescence and continues for his or her lifetime. However, it can also affect adults, but the number of cases of such nature is very rare.
In diabetes Type 1, the pancreas is not able to produce or able to produce a very little amount of the hormone insulin. Without insulin, the sugar present in our body, known as glucose, cannot enter the cells present in the body, and thus, no energy will be produced.
Plenty of research has been done in this field, and it has been found that there is no permanent cure for diabetes Type 1, and therefore, there can be no prevention of diabetes Type 1. The treatment plan for diabetes Type 1 is based on maintaining the sugar level in the body, having a healthy lifestyle and diet.
Causes of diabetes Type 1
The doctors have not been capable to exactly pinpoint as to what Causes Of Diabetes Type 1. However, usually, it is the immune system of the body that mistakes insulin for harmful bacteria and destroys it before the hormone can help in glucose entering the cells and create energy. Certain other causes are-
- Genetics: If a child or an adolescent has a family history of any type of diabetes, he or she is immediately at risk of developing diabetes Type 1.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors, especially the ones that bring the child or adolescent in contact with viruses that attack the pancreas and make it unable to perform its role of producing insulin can also cause diabetes Type 1.
Symptoms of diabetes Type 1
If you have diabetes Type 1, you may experience any or all of the following symptoms-
- Frequent need to urinate
- Frequent need to hydrate yourself
- Unplanned weight loss
- Extreme hunger
- Frequent and unpredictable mood changes
- Blurred vision
- Weakness and fatigue
Complications of having diabetes Type 1
Diabetes Type 1, over time, can seriously affect the major organs of the body, such as the heart, the kidneys, etc. They can be fatal to one’s life as well if the blood sugar levels are not managed. Diabetes Type 1 can have the following complications-
- Heart as well as vessel disease
- Nerve damage
- Kidney damage
- Eye damage
- Mouth and skin conditions
- Complications during pregnancy
Natural Remedies For Diabetes Type 1
As mentioned above, there is no solution to prevent diabetes Type 1, and the best treatment is to ensure a diet that can help maintain blood sugar levels. Given below is a planned diet for type 1 diabetes and a few natural remedies for diabetes type 1 that can help in ensuring maintained sugar levels.
- Apple cider vinegar: Before having a meal, drink a glass of water mixed with 2 spoons of a pinch of salt and apple cider vinegar. This solution is said to help maintain the sugar levels in the bloodstream.
- Alfalfa sprouts: Alfalfa sprouts are said to be rich in such nutrients that can help in maintaining the blood sugar levels in the body. The best would be to make it part of your every morning breakfast routine.
- Bitter lemon: Bitter lemon is very low on sugar content, there it can also help in stabilizing and maintaining the sugar levels in the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is also quite a popular ingredient in the diet of diabetic patients. Therefore, for taste, you can add cinnamon to whichever item of food or drink you want.
- Taking mineral and herbal supplements: Chromium and Omega 3 fatty acids can be found in the mineral and herbal supplements which can help the pancreas if it has a problem producing insulin as well as provide for controlling soaring blood sugar levels.
- Physical exercise: Physical exercise can help burn the excess sugar present in your bloodstream. Therefore, try to at least go for a walk for 20 to 30 minutes every day.
Diabetes Type 1 is a life long condition, and one will have to very careful with regards to this condition if they or someone close to them is having the condition. Careful steps are to be taken to ensure Everything Health from being able to maintain the sugar levels to maintain a healthy diet to taking necessary medications on time. You can choose to follow the above-mentioned diet plan and natural remedies to help keep the sugar levels of your body in check.