Hypertension generally occurs in aged people. High Blood Pressure is a silent killer. Hence, it leads to several major health risks. If the blood pressure is of 180/120 or higher than this, it will increase the chances of death, and the survival rate will be only ten months as an average, if untreated for longer period of time. It will also result in heart attack, stroke, blindness, and various kidney disease. It will damage your body for years.
High Blood Pressure Causes
According to Everything Health in many cases, there is no single reason for high blood pressure as some people have it genetically. It’s never clear what the risk factors are, but certain changes in lifestyle increase the risk of having high blood pressure.
- Age: By crossing certain age bar the chances of high blood pressure in humans increases as the older the blood vessels they lose their flexibility.
- Tribal background: The chances of high blood pressure are more in African-American people as they are in comparison with other people are less responsive for medications.
- Smoking: Regular intake of tobacco narrows the blood vessels which results in hypertension. It also reduces the oxygen content in the blood because of which heart pumps faster in order to compensate and that results to increase blood pressure.
- Obesity: People, suffering from obesity or overweight are likely to suffer from high blood pressure. For example, if a person has an abdominal fat high level of Cholesterol in the blood also causes obesity.
- Poor diet: Diet plays a big role in the functioning of the human body. Intake of a diet with high salt and fats leads to increases the risk of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Excessive consumption of alcohol certainly raises the risk of hypertension which increases the chances of irregular heartbeat or heart stroke.
- Mental stress: Any type of mental stress results in increased blood pressure.
- High cholesterol: Mostly people suffering from high blood pressure have high cholesterol. Intake of the diet which contains unhealthy fats leads to high cholesterol.
- Diabetes: The problem of Diabetes increases the causes of developing high blood pressure. However, prescribed medicines for sugar control and insulin can drastically reduce the chances of hypertension.
Medication For High Blood Pressure
Taking proper medication from your doctor is the very first step to treat the high blood pressure. The doctor will prescribe medicines according to the level of your high blood pressure. Taking more than one medicine has become common for treating high blood pressure . While using prescribed medicines will slow heart rate and control and decrease blood pressure. But before taking these tablets all their side effects, warnings and precautions, safety information, pregnancy, and various other information should be considered and also using all these medicines will slow heart rate and control and decrease blood pressure.
Some commonly used drugs in High blood pressure are listed below:
- Diuretics (oldest medicine for treating high blood pressure)
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs)
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Alpha-beta blockers
- Clonidine (Catapres)
High Blood Pressure Treatment
Treatment Of Hypertension and lifestyle could help you to control your high blood pressure and will also reduce the risk of various complications. The doctor will help in treating in a good manner by taking regular follow-ups.You can also ask your doctor to start a program for managing your high blood pressure.
- Go and check your blood pressure often.
- Take follow-ups treatment plan on a regular basis.
- Always carry your previous blood pressure records to show the doctor.
- Go as ask the doctor for your medicine side effects
- Reduce taking salts intake.
If you want to prevent yourself from high blood pressure, you have to adopt all these things listed below:
- Take healthy die
- Limit Liquor
- Stop smoking and tobacco
- Limit your salt intact
- Keep weight according to BMI
- Do regular exercise
- Stop taking stress
Some foods that are good for high blood pressure patients are:
- Include diets having minerals, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Eat food rich in antioxidants and vasodilators.
- Avoid food cooked from a microwave.
- Eat fresh food.
- Eat boiled food instead of cooked
- Eat fruits rich in fibre like banana
- Eat Dark chocolate
- Include Garlic in diet
- Eat Coldwater fish
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat Raw Almonds
- Include Turmeric in food prepared
Blood pressure should be measured on an infrequent basis. Never skip prescribed medicines. Eat healthy food, exercise and drink ample water. Keep weight according to BMI. Try to make suitable lifestyle that will keep your blood pressure control. Avoid using liquor, tobacco and smoke .Visit programmes that are conducted in clinical area for controlling blood pressure once a week. Also try using home remedies for treating your high blood pressure at home using kitchen ingredients .