Getting injured during working out is quite common and can happen to anybody. Therefore, if you have ever been injured during a workout, you are not the only one.
Workouts cause an immense amount of strain on the body and can thus increase the risk of getting injured. However, if you consider the following causes of workout injuries and their treatments and prevention, working out can be an activity that you will enjoy for most of the part.
Neck Back Injury Causes During Workout
As mentioned above, every person who is working out is at risk of getting injured during the workout. Some of the neck and back injury causes during workout are-
- Continuous hardcore training: Not giving yourself a day of rest or a day of minimal exercise can cause a great amount of strain on the back and the neck and can cause injuries to them.
- Progressing the workout too quickly: The idea of any workout is to start out slow and easy. Doing heavy lifts with 3 to 4 days of starting to workout can cause workout injuries as well.
- Doing wrong exercises: Doing wrong exercises for the targeted areas or doing exercises wrongly, can cause workout injuries as well.
- Not warming up: Warming up helps in loosening the joints and the muscles, without a warm-up, the risk of getting injured also increases.
Treatment Of Neck Back Injury During Workout
No matter how careful one may be, injuries can because during workouts, especially to the neck and back due to the amount of strain that is put on them. Follow the below mention treatment of neck and back injury during workout, also commonly known as the RICE method.
- R- Rest: If you end up injuring any part of your body during a workout, especially a neck or the back, the first step is to take rest from the workout.
- I- Ice: If you have sustained an injury, try putting an ice pack on the area of injury. It can help in reducing the inflammation of the injuries.
- C- Compression: If you have sustained an injury, try compressing the injury by using a crepe bandage as it can help in minimizing the swelling.
- E- Elevate: In case you sustain an injury, try elevating the injured area as it can help in reducing the swelling.
In case none of the above treatments work, one can always take recourse to non-sterodorial anti-inflammatory medications. However, such workout injuries usually heal on their own with 3 to 4 weeks.
Prevention Of Neck Back Injury During Workout
Following the simple steps as mentioned below can ensure the prevention of neck and back injury during work out
- Always do warm-ups as well as cool downs: Warm-ups before working out can help in warming up the body as well as make the joints and muscles lose. Cooling down after a workout can help get your heart rate back to normal.
- Stretching: Stretching is a great way to ensure flexibility while working out. Stretch before and after every workout.
- Start out slow and ease into it: If you have just started working out or have just resumed working out, start out slow and easy. You do not have to do heavy lifting or hardcore gymming on the first day itself.
- Vary the workout: Focusing on different areas on the body on different days can help the other parts recover and reduce the risk of recurring injuries.
- Drink plenty of water: Water is an essential part of working out. The more water you drink, the more sweat you create, thus making it easier to achieve the goal.
- Have a trainer: A trainer is someone who can tell you exactly how to go about doing an exercise. This way, you will not end up hurting yourself by doing the exercises in the wrong manner.
- Rest: Working out every day of the week is not advised. Give your body a day or 2 rest every week; this is said to help in preventing recurring injuries.
Workouts are a good physical activity that can help you remain healthy and in shape. To practice the phrase Everything Health especially during working out, you will have to ensure that you do not put your body under such strain that causes serious injuries. If you ever get injured during workouts, you can follow the above-mentioned treatments and to ensure that your work out journey is as smooth as possible, follow all the Workouts For Injury Prevention as have been mentioned above.