If you are having trouble sleeping then diagnose it and start your treatment for five common sleep disorders as it is hazardous for your health and also it would get you down from time to time.
Here we have provided some points, which will help you to analyze the sleep disorders and also you can treat these disorders by going through the guidelines provided on the beneath segment of this article.
How to Diagnose 5 common sleep disorders
As according to the many types of research when any the natural cycle of sleep disrupts, the kidneys are severely affected also it invites other diseases. At the same time, hypertension, obesity, and diabetes are also responsible for this deficiency.
Fortunately, there are treatments available to get rid of this disease. Check the most common sleep disorders and its treatment.
5 Most Common Sleep Disorders
Following are the most common sleep disorders names:
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- REM sleeps Behavior Disorder.
Symptoms and treatments of these sleep disorders
1. Insomnia: The Causes of Insomnia is High levels of stress; certain medications; anxiety, Mood swings, irritability or depression.
Diagnosis of Insomnia
Your doctor will start evaluating insomnia with its full medical history. With a complete medical evaluation, there is an entire medical history and physical examination, which are essential aspects of insomnia assessment and treatment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
- Stimulus control therapy
- Relaxation techniques
- Prescription medications
- Alternative medicine
2. Sleep Apnea: If you have complete or partial blockage of the throat then you could have sleep Apnea disorder. Symptoms of sleep apnea are Daytime sleepiness, morning headaches, etc.
Diagnosis of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is diagnosed by previous medicines and family defects, physical examination, and sleep study results, etc.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
- CPAP Therapy (continuous positive airway pressure Therapy)
- Have surgery
- Undergo a weight management program.
- Try positional therapy
- Jaw repositioning
- Creating a new air passageway (tracheostomy)
3. Narcolepsy: Narcolepsy is a long-term sleep disorder, in which a patient has to face sudden attacks of drowsiness and sleep throughout the day. Regardless of the circumstances, people with Narcolepsy are often difficult to keep awake for long periods; Narcolepsy can cause dangerous obstructions in your daily routine.
Diagnosis of Narcolepsy
It is a long-term condition for which there is no cure. However, changes in medicines and lifestyle can help you to manage your symptoms. With the help of others – such as family, friends, teachers – can help you for the treatment of Narcolepsy.
Naps and Medication are often advised for its treatment.
4. Restless Legs Syndrome: Restless leg syndrome is a neurological problem. The sign of this problem is to continually move the legs while sitting on a chair or the couch. Many times it is the habit of some people, or it also causes mental problems. If you have this problem, then you must have a lot of pain in legs while sleeping at night, due to which you cannot sleep well.
Diagnosis of Restless Legs Syndrome
The following laboratory tests and procedures are used to analyze the disease of Restless Legs Syndrome:
- Physical and Neurological Examination: To Diagnose Relative Foot Syndrome
- Blood test: To detect iron deficiency
Restless Legs Syndrome Treatment
- Regular Massage: Helps to Relieve of Restless Foot Syndrome
- Apply hot or cold packs: low organs sensations
5. REM Sleep Behavior Disorder: REM (Random eye movement) sleep is a phase when we sleep. As the name suggests, our eyes, and it is a part of the sleep cycle where dreams happen. During a typical night’s rest, we feel that a quarter of REM experiences sleep.
Diagnosis of REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
To diagnose REM sleep behavioral disorder, you need to take a review of your doctor for the medical history of your symptoms. Your evaluation may include Physical and Neuroscience exams. Your doctor conducts a physical and neurological examination, and REM evaluates you for sleep disorders and other sleep disorders.
REM Sleep Behavior Disorder Treatment
- Physical safeguards
- Clinical trials
- Avoid certain drugs and alcohol.
- Bedroom safety precautions
It has been certified in much scientific research that by taking proper sleep you can be more healthy and beautiful. By taking deep sleeping, you feel good throughout the day. The body remains intense. Adequate rest is necessary to recharge the body. So if you are facing some sleep disorders start to diagnose it and start your treatment as per doctors concern.