Sleepwalking is a disorder, scientifically known as somnambulism. It simply refers to the behavioral disorder that often occurs during deep sleep. The chances of sleep-walking are higher in children and teens than in adults. Also, people who suffer from sleep deprivation are more prone to sleep-walking. The most shocking thing about this disorder is that sleepwalker always forgets what he or she did in sleep. While sleep-walking, it becomes even harder to wake up that person.
This disorder doesn’t only include walking in sleep but several other unusual activities as well. An average of 1%-15% people of overall world populations suffers from the sleep-walking. There is no special reason for this disorder. According to experts, it generally occurs because of Symptoms Of Sleep Deprivation, sedative agents, and febrile illnesses.
Sleep disorder is a group of disorders related to sleep. Such disorders affect both the person’s physical and mental health. Everything Health will help you to understand the causes and significant treatment for sleep-walking.
Cause Of Sleepwalking
There can be multiple causes behind this disorder. It is hard to recognize the causes of sleepwalking. Generally, this type of disorder is directly related to a person’s brain. There are several reasons for this, some of the main reasons are given below.
- Nocturia: Nocturia or frequent urination during night time, it disrupts the person’s sleep. It occurs due to the hormonal imbalance in the body and further results as sleep-walking as well.
- Chronic Pain: Chronic pain while sleeping can also cause sleep-walking. Following are the reasons behind chronic pains:
- Fatigue Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia Inflammatory
- Bowel Disease
- Stress, Depression, and Anxiety: Stress, Depression, and anxiety generate the most negative effect on a person’s sleep, due to which the person does not sleep properly. It results in disorders like sleep-walking and murmuring while sleeping.
- Allergy and respiratory issues: Sometimes, respiratory issues and other allergies related to the respiratory system increases the chances of sleep-walking in humans.
The symptoms of this walking in your sleep can be reliable on various factors. In fact, more or less, the symptoms arrive based on the cases discussed above. Thus, the following listed are the most common visible symptoms of this condition. Look out for these over a period of time, and if the pattern persists, do not delay…
- Having difficulty in sleeping
- Feeling too much fatigue during the day
- Feeling sleepy all the time or sleeping during the day
- Being irritated all the time
- Bad concentration while performing daily activities
Risk factors Of Sleepwalking
To be honest, some risks can be controlled, and some cannot.
The fact is that, while walking in the sleep, a person has no control over the brain and mind, and they do not know what they are doing and where they are going.
Due to the above, most of the time, it is observed that people don’t even remember what happened last night.
Imagine if a sleep-walker reaches the terrace and eat something harmful while walking in sleep? Or for that matter, the person can also go out on the road, which is really risky. This is not it, sleep-walking can cause even more risks to the lives of sleep-walker and the people around him.
Treatment For Sleepwalking
Well! Unfortunately, there is no particular treatment for sleepwalking. According to the experts, the most common treatment for sleep-walking is to improve hygiene. However, if you are experiencing this disorder, it is advisable to meet your doctor. Only a doctor can recognize the actual cause behind your sleep-walking disorder and help you to get rid of it. So if you really want to avoid the risks-factor during sleep-walking, then improve your sleep routine and if it still not works, then take proper treatment for it.
According to the proven cases, even hypnosis is a great treatment for sleep-walking. It also helps the sleep-walker memorize what he or she did while sleep-walking. On the other hand, there are various therapies that treat sleep-walking, but it is better first to meet your doctor.
Sleep-walking is becoming common day by day. In the present world, people are more indulged in technology. From mobile phones to laptops and games, humans spend a huge time of their day with gadgets which cause sleep-deprivation and turn into sleep-walking with time. We don’t leave phones even while we go to sleep at night. And when we leave our phone, we often keep it aside from our pillow, which is really harmful. Yes, the mobile phone generates extremely harmful radiations, which adversely affects our nervous system. By avoiding such things, you can avoid the risk of sleep-walking.