What is a sleeping problem?
A sleeping problem or sleep disorder is a common condition which impacts a person’s ability to get quality sound sleep. While it’s completely normal to experience occasional difficulties in sleeping, but it’s not normal to experience frequent sleep problem when trying to sleep at night. A sleeping problem has become a common issue which takes a toll on a person’s mood, energy, and ability to perform. Sleeping Problems Causes much more than daytime laziness and sleepiness. Serious sleeping disorders can contribute to serious mental as well as the physical health problem, leading to weight gain and memory problems.
Causes Of Sleeping Problems
- Physical disturbances (chronic pain, headaches, arthritis, fibromyalgia)
- Psychiatric disorders (anxiety and depression)
- Medical condition (asthma)
- Environmental problems
Typically, people sleep during the night; it is because of natural sleeping time, and due to alertness rhythms that are driven by mind “clock.” This sleep clock is one of the parts of the human brain, which is known as the suprachiasmatic nucleus. It sits right on the nerve, leaving the eyes. Exercise and light “reset” or “change” the clock by making it move backward or forward. Any sort of abnormalities associated with this clock is known as circadian disorders or circadian rhythm disorder. This disorder includes delayed or advanced sleep phase syndrome, adjustments to change to work, and jet lag.
Some common symptoms and signs of sleeping problems:
- Feeling sleepy or irritable during the day time?
- Facing issues staying awake or focusing while reading or watching television?
- Feeling tired or asleep while driving?
- Struggling to concentrate?
- Late reactions?
- Look tired or sleepy?
- Unable to control feelings or emotions?
- Frequently require caffeinated drinks to keep going?
What are some other common types of sleeping problems or disorders?
- Sleep apnea- is a treatable and common sleeping problem in which a person is unable to breathe properly during sleep. Generally, people suffering from sleep apnea don’t understand and remember these breathing issues and awakenings.
- Insomnia- is an inability to sleep well or get enough sleep at night. It is caused by jet lag, stress, or due to certain medication. Symptoms Of Insomnia condition can also be caused by mood or sleep problems like Depression or anxiety.
- Restless legs syndrome- is a sleep problem which causes irresistible urge in both arms and legs at night. It occurs commonly when a person is lying or resting.
- Narcolepsy- is a very common disorder as it involves uncontrollable and excessive daytime laziness and sleepiness. It occurs because of dysfunction, which manages waking and sleeping order.
Natural Remedies For Sleep
- Increase intake of cherry juice- Drinking cherry juice helps sleep aid as it good content for tryptophan which is an important amino acid which works to convert serotonin and further converts to melatonin that are related to the sleep cycle.
- Valerian- is a plant whose roots work best for sleep aid. It increases the amount of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), which work to regulate motion in the nerve cell.
- Acupuncture therapy- Pressing specific points with the right balance of energy help better the sleep or Everything Health.
- Prepare lavender sachet- Aromatherapy work best to relax and calm mind and body. Numerous researches have proved those aromatherapies are best for generating a sense of drowsiness. Try preparing lavender sachet at home.
- Magnificent Magnesium- Intake of a considerable amount of magnesium is essential for the human body as it plays a big role in the performance of GABA receptors. GABA is the main neurotransmitter which relaxes down central nervous.
Try adopting the above-stated natural remedies if you are facing difficulty while sleeping or having serious sleeping problems. These natural remedies work best to maintain sleep cycle. Natural remedies work best as they involve no medicine. These natural remedies will be a game changer as they will just work on sleep cycle but also help in calming and relaxing down the struggling person. If you are still unable to maintain your sleep do not hesitate to consult a doctor or consider discussing with your family or friends.